Welcome to the USS Tornado!
On route towards RaQ'Al
Suvlu'taHvIS yapbe' HoS neH ~ Klingon Honor Guard
(Brute strength is not the most important asset in a fight.)
USS Tornado is one of few Rhode Island classes in service of Starfleet and assigned towards Task Force 93 in Bravo Fleet. Its primary mission is divided into tasks of science, diplomacy, and exploration of the unknown. But in the tracks of the evolving story, the crew of the Tornado gets unwillingly forced into investigations of temporal incidents or anomalies.
With Providence Fleet Yards as its home base, Tornado operates on diplomatic matters at the Klingon border or investigate new and unknown scientific discoveries. The year is 2388 and there is an unwilling adventure awaiting the crew of the USS Tornado. Join us and help to uncover or discover the unknown!
We are proud supporters of Deadpool,SWA and LGBT community, to bring back that little joy into your life!
Latest News Items
Posted on Tue Aug 29th, 2017 @ 8:32pm by Lieutenant Caradan Eunidas in General News
I took the time to compile mission posts and personal logs, from way back when til now, into novelized formats.
In the case that you want to keep a record of our journeys, from even before you may have been a part of it, take a look at the links below.
Walking with Grace
Portal of Chronos
We Will Rock You
The Gorn Connection
The Three Sisters
Posted on Wed Apr 12th, 2017 @ 8:57am by Commander Aki Shagdac in Out of Character
Goood morning, afternoon or evening Captains,
The first result of our questionnaire is already taking shape and that is the Committee Canon for TF93. This group will focus on editing/adding or even proposing a new story arc towards the Task Force. This group purely volunteers and open for all TF93 members (both Captains and their Players. So if you wish to give your opinion about improving a story of the TF? Or want to propose that awesome idea you have? Then this is your chance!
Rear Admiral Anin
Task Force Commanding Officer
Task Force 93
Posted on Sat Dec 17th, 2016 @ 6:48pm by Ryoko Takato in Out of Character
A message from Ongoing Worlds, the RPG branch that represents the RPG world in their weekly blogs of changes, newcomers and tips! Lets participate in this as well!!
Tis’ the end of the year! Which means it’s impossible to take a step around here without stumbling across someone trying to hand out an award.
And guess what? I'm pleased to announce the Simming Prizes are now accepting nominations, which you can submit by going here. The deadline for nominations is January 7.
So what are the Simming Prizes? Well those of us at the Prizes like to think of them as the Nobel Prizes of the simming and play-by-post online role-playing community. (We have a healthy ego!) By this, we mean the Prizes are intended to honor people & organizations that have made significant contributions to our collective gaming community. We are not in the business of evaluating and finding the best sim of the year (we leave that task to our able friends at the Tournament of Simulations).
More to read on: http://www.ongoingworlds.com/blog/2016/12/simming-prize-nomination-season/#more-679418
Commander Aki Shagdac
Posted on Wed Dec 14th, 2016 @ 5:45pm by Ryoko Takato in Sim Announcement
Good day folks!
While the Locking Horns came to an abrupt ending due changes that were not really to be prevented. I have to say I am pretty proud of everyone that did their fair share to make a good ending of it. After this announcement is received by you, the Command team will be working as fast as they can to get the second season up and running. It will play a two months after the events and we are nearing the year switch of 2388.
Onto the fun part for me and hopefully you!
Dedication Citation: 6 Months
- Lieutenant Kalin 'Shae' Brennan PhD
- Gendaylii Liaynore
- Lieutenant JG Zepht
- Ryoko/Elena - For their relationship only to be ripped apart as Ryoko surrendered herself.
- Caradan/Mindo - For their encounters to finally make them both begin to understand the concept of coupling.
- Ivy Sharzin's NPC (Crewman Ward) - As he was utilized greatly in the bringing aboard, nursing to health, and introduction of Ivy Sharzin.
- Ziara Rrareth - For her pilotting skills on top of space and warp field mechanics in "Impossible Odds"
Character / Plot Development Award
- Lieutenant Mindo - For his tragic and painful plot of hardship, endurance, and ultimate rebound that was played out all mission long, thus ending in "Truth Revealed".
Medal of Collaboration
- Laurel Oakley (Patch Gunnunderson), Caradan Eunidas (Bradford Keselowsky), Ziara & Riaan Rrareth, Valok Larel, Cailus Griffin, Elena Reis, Mindo, Ivy SHarzin (Peter Ward), Zepht for their collaboration in bringing Ivy Sharzin into the fold in "Not Seeing This Everyday", "A Floral Rescue Pts. 1-3"
- Ivy Sharzin - Though we have yet to actually and formally meet said character, the four posts already existing was written exceptionally well and paints an accurate representation of how to handle new and unknown lifeforms upon a First Contact event.
- Laurel Oakley - For the messy away mission to the Ferengi ship, engaging hostility from among the Ferengi crew, and for returning with all her personnel.
Distinguished Service Medal
- Ryoko Takato - For surrendering and possibly sacrificing herself to the Sovereignty of Kahless in return for the salvation and peaceful departure of her ship and crew in "Impossible Odds."
- Dana Sutherland - For her injuries and battle for life ensuing from the away mission aboard the Ferengi ship.
Zephram Cochrane Medal of Discovery
- Ivy Sharzin (Peter Ward) - For the discovery of Ivy Sharzin, a vegetation-based sentient lifeform that is now be nursed to health.
- Lieutenant Mindo - For being overly active in multitudinous Joint Posts covering an array of topics and not just his own extended plot arc.
- Kalin 'Shae' Brennan - Though the incoming XO and Lieutenant Brennan did not share as many JPs this mission, the incoming XO still regards her writing and plot development as exceptional. Great reads.
Writing Proficiency Ribbon
- Caradan Eunidas (Not a fan of nominating myself but if the CO agrees, then so be it) - For continuing her own extended plot arc whilst dropping hints and puzzle pieces for others to pick up and deduce things. Also, for contributing to the plot arcs of others whilst simultaneously improving her own.
With the news that RJ has chosen to step down as First Officer, there are some changes that will affect the USS Tornado in Command structure!
- Laurel Oakley -> Chief Diplomatic Officer
- Caradan Eunidas -> First Officer
- Elena Reis -> Tactical Officer/Second Officer
- Mindo -> Chief Engineering Officer
Congratulations towards everyone that received an award and/or a new position! If you are not one of the people that has not received any award, don't worry you have enough opportunities next mission!
Posted on Sat Nov 26th, 2016 @ 4:05pm by Ryoko Takato in Out of Character
Hi everyone! Bravo Fleet is ever expanding and we need you now more than ever! We're seeking the following:
- Intrepid Reporters able to deliver exciting and informative stories from our member sims and Task Forces to share with the community.
- Friendly individuals ready and willing to expand our Hall of Honour and recognise members of this fine simming community.
- Talented Artists willing to stretch their abilities with avatars, logos, banners and more!
- Social Media Gurus who know how to tackle Twitter, Facebook and Reddit and utilise them for the Fleet.
- Information Experts able to help us grow our Infobase to become a valuable resource for the Community at Large. Well, second to Memory Alpha...
It doesn't matter if you're a Player or a Commanding Officer. The Community Relations Office is all about fostering a fun and lively simming community here at Bravo Fleet. Even the smallest role can make the biggest difference in keeping Bravo Fleet one of the best places to sim around the internet.
Interested? PM me, your friendly neighbourhood Community Relations Officer, to get started today! mail at email@example.com if interested!
Latest Mission Posts
NOTE: This post takes place a few days after Mindo's recovery from the virus.
Ivy walked causally down the passageway on her way to Engineering. She knew that the Tornado, a Rhode Island Class vessel, was actually one of the smaller vessels in Starfleet. There were others, many others,…
Mindo's recovery seemed to be going much better than the doctors had anticipated. He was still weak, but they let him go back to his quarters to rest for a few days before returning to duty. Mindo used his time to watch movies. At least, the movies were on the…
Riaan once again stood outside of Ixelom's office, she was less nervous then last time, but she still felt strange. They would probably have a lot to talk about this session. There were the unresolved issues with the captain from last session, and then there were the new issues with…
Things had been fairly calm since getting back from that rock, and delivering the Klingon woman they'd found. Meera almost wished she'd gotten to do something more than prisoner duty, but still, putting boots on the ground was worth the boredom. Still, there was plenty of paperwork to get through…
Tapping on the table in his ready room, Aki thought about the events that had happened the last few days. He did expect some force of the Empire to make sure Kri'Shya would not make it off that planet alive. Thought there were none and Kri'Shya was safely dropped off…
Latest Personal Logs
Posted on Wed Jan 25th, 2017 @ 4:44pm by Ensign Stanislaw Wisniewski
Personal log of Stanislaw Wisniewski.
I have finally transferred to the U.S.S. Tornado after a brief encounter with some of the crew, whom I found reasonably personable. I sincerely hope that I will not find reason to re-assess that evaluation during my service.
Upon arrival I was shown to my…
Posted on Sat Jan 7th, 2017 @ 8:33am by Lieutenant JG Scott Erickson
Computer code log with Erickson-Beta-2 Command.
Computer begin log.
Today has been a rough day. I haven't had a change to exercise with to many things on my mind. I am not sure when things will cool down again. The latest intelligence dump I got when I arrived back to…
Posted on Sun Jan 1st, 2017 @ 7:59am by Ivy Sharzin
Ivy sat down at the desk and activated the console, "Computer. Begin recording personal log."
After the translator spoke the words in English the computer responded and activated the text screen and stated, "Begin Log Entry".
Ivy paused for a moment to get her thoughts together. This had worked well…
Posted on Thu Dec 29th, 2016 @ 10:04pm by Ivy Sharzin
Ivy Sharzin held a large PADD in her viney hands. They were not yet well defined, but she had been trying different things. She tapped a button and said, "Computer, begin Journal entry."
A chime came from the PADD, it replied, "Begin recording."
With confirmation that the Universal Translator was…
Posted on Wed Dec 28th, 2016 @ 10:35pm by Ivy Sharzin
Ivy sat at the computer console. She had learned so much of the universe about her. It was all so wonderful and overwhelming at the same time.
It had been recommended to her to begin a journal of sorts on the computer. It could be verbal, recorded in her own…